Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Spring Critters (April 26, 2011)

Spring not only brings new flowers, it also brings new critters to the neighborhood. Although many people prefer puppies and kittens, it’s time to celebrate an animal that often goes unnoticed, or (cover the kids’ ears) even may be smashed: the slow-and-steady snail. (They really are amazing creatures. More on this in a future blog.)




There are bunnies, of course. How could we have spring without bunnies? This one happens to be made of cake and frosting. I made him to bring to an Easter egg hunt at a friend’s house. Used fruit leather for his ears and for the bunny butt butterfly.





Don’t forget the fashionable flamingo, my fave animal. He’s the well-dressed door man near my neighbor’s front stairs, and always has seasonal attire.





And call me paranoid, but I always feel like somebody’s watching me…














No comments:

Post a Comment