Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fourth: Flags, Fireworks, Food, Fun, Freedom! (July 4, 2012)


Another Fourth of July. In some ways it was different from other Independence Days. But there were familiar elements, including fireworks. Love those. They’re only once a year, and skipping them is not an option for me. I look forward to them all year long. At dinner we used the red and white gingham table cloth that always reminds me of my grandparents and so many July 4th barbeques at their house.

It’s almost July 5th and this patriotic party animal needs sleep. But I had to post today, one of my favorite days of the year. Before signing off, I’ll share two photos of the edible art creations I made today. On thematic holidays, you’ve just got to make food festive. It’s so fun!



Happy 236th Birthday, America. You’re amazing, and you don’t look a day over 185!


No comments:

Post a Comment