Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Fiery Fall Colors

Most years I resist fall. I have to be dragged, kicking and screaming, toward a season of shorter days and colder nights. Fall is like the credit card bill you get after the fun of summer. Fall means back to reality: back to school, homework, alarm clocks and colder weather. I dread Labor Day, and I go into denial as long as possible, wearing shorts in November and refusing reality about the diminishing long days of summer.
 

But this year I find myself enjoying fall more than I expected. This year I noticed the beauty of the trees’ changing. Were the leaves so brightly colored in previous Novembers? I can’t say. This year things really look different to me. The colors of fall are all around and I’ve been collecting leaves and snapping photos for weeks.

It’s Thanksgiving and I feel thankful for the people in my life, for freedom and good health. I want to share some nature photos that capture the brilliance of fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment