Monday, May 14, 2012

Dot Calm, Cool and Creative! (May 14, 2012)

You know I love pattern in general, and polka dots especially. I adore color and personalizing my own nest, inside and out. So it comes as no surprise that I am loving this free spirited man’s choice about how to paint his house.




In Bismarck, North Dakota, Jim Deitz has made his apartment house truly one of a kind. Deitz came up with the polka dot scheme as a way to bring cheer and color to his neighborhood. (I have a feeling North Dakota gets quite gray in the winter months, so this idea seems reasonable to me. Actually, it’s inspired! Bold! Happy!)



One curmudgeonly city planner has grumbled publicly about the paint scheme, but many people in Bismarck like the playful exterior, which has dots in various sizes and a dozen different colors. I’m with those folks. The city planner clearly needs more fiber, and more fun.



Color is free, instant therapy. Polka dots are happy-looking. Cheering up your corner of the world with something playful is a gift to all who pass by. It’s a conversation starter with neighbors. You make people smile when you do something surprising and fun in their presence. For me, this house is all good.


Have a colorful day!

1 comment:

  1. This house is in Grand Forks, N.D., not Bismarck.

    https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/2174948-polka-dot-house-dotcom-hit

    ReplyDelete