Saturday, May 14, 2011

Dressed for Spring (May 14, 2011)


This is a brooch I made yesterday. (Note: the word 'brooch" seems too old-fashioned for the 21st century but maybe that's a topic unto itself and deserves its own blog entry.) I realized recently how many talented crafters exist. Blogger alone has an enormous number of people posting their imaginative crafts. I felt inspired and decided to make a flamingo pin out of felt and beads and feathers. This pin is approximately 4 inches tall and very lightweight, unlike a lot of brooches. Flamingos are my favorite animal and it was really fun creating one out of fabric. I may post photos of how it looked in its various stages but for now, here is the star of the day, the playful, colorful, always fashionable flamingo!

No comments:

Post a Comment