Thursday, March 29, 2012

Easter Tree (March 29, 2012)

As you may know, I can’t resist an opportunity to decorate out front. Easter is coming and I needed to bring some fun color to the yard. Do the neighborhood dogs (and their owners) notice all the accessories I put in our tree as they walk by? (It’s said that dogs don’t see the range of color humans do so they probably wouldn’t feel excited about happy-colored plastic eggs.) Either way, I get a kick out of it, the kids like it, and if it brightens the neighborhood, that’s great too. Being obsessed with color, I love that plastic eggs are intense shades. So armed with some yarn, $5 worth of eggs and my trusty hot-glue gun, I got to work.

Here are a few photos of the front of our house.




This next photo is not of our place. Over the weekend I drove by a house with big, festive decorations on the lawn. I did a u-turn and went back to take photos. Were they piñatas? The eggs were as big as beach balls. The lawn ornaments were the size of kids! Such gusto. These are my people!
I know that Easter is about much more than bunnies and eggs. But I also think it’s great to enjoy the more playful side of it. If it brings smiles to faces, how can that be wrong? Spring is rebirth in all kinds of ways. If I can bring color and enthusiasm to my neighborhood, that feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment