Thursday, March 1, 2012

Candy Land (March 2, 2012)

For more than a month spring has been tiptoeing into Southern California, and now it is swirling all around. Colors are everywhere and each morning I noticing more growth. I’ve been dropped into Candy Land, where trees aren’t brown and green; they are bright shades of colors so intense
you want to eat them. I feel like a kid staring at a world made of sparkly, translucent candy. Here’s a tree that glittered like rock candy:
One bright morning I was nearly blinded by the glow off a flowering pear tree. It was a cloud of dazzling white snowflakes.
In the early morning sunshine, someone's lemons flashed and twinkled like baseball-sized jewels.
Sun shone through my neighbor's lavender blossoms, turning them into a bouquet of glossy purple lollipops.
Spring is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment