Thursday, October 31, 2013

Cone, Sweet Cone

I’ve never been interested in the scary side of Halloween. Leave the blood and guts to someone else. I love the playful potential of Halloween. Talking, moving ice cream cone? Now that’s my idea of entertainment! I guess it appeals to the big kid in me. Dressing up as food is fun. Making people laugh makes me happy.



I am wondering why I often make uncomfortable costumes. Next year I need to remember to design something that is not so awkward. Little things like sitting and walking are suddenly difficult when you are wearing a tapered cotton cone. I suppose this is what is meant by suffering for one’s art.
This is Izzy the Ice Cream Cone wishing you a very sweet Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. I love your costume, Sarah! As always it is playful, lovely, and puts a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was fun to make, and grown ups need fun moments, too!

    ReplyDelete