Saturday, July 5, 2014

Origami for the Body


 
Attention, universe: I still can do a backbend!

This whole Turning Forty thing is still on my mind, even though I’ve had almost seven months to adjust to it. I’m much more at peace with my forty-ness than I was last year, before this big birthday happened. But I do still tend to measure my life in terms of my age. Hey, it’s hard not to. I know age is just a number, yada yada yada. But let’s face it: numbers do play some role in our lives. Anyway, I decided I was going to see if my forty-year-old back still would hold a backbend. At twenty I did these with no trouble, but that was a few years ago. My back sometimes gets mad at me for picking up kids, lifting things incorrectly and standing on ladders for hours on end. So I wasn’t going to assume that my body would be thrilled to have me bend it backwards into a semicircle. But I gave it a try and I have photographic evidence that I can do it. Go, me!

No comments:

Post a Comment