“Oh, I have nothing to wear!” This declaration has been made (mostly) by women, dating back to the days of cavemen and women, when one cavewoman grunted her refusal to wear last year’s animal skin.
The solution? Wear some blank DVDs.
The perks of wearing DVDs:
1) No one else at the party will be wearing the same outfit as you. (Probably.)
2) They are lightweight.
3) Metallic goes with everything.
4) Pet hair doesn’t stick to them.
5) They can be worn before or after Labor Day.
6) If someone says you’re look is “too 90s,” you say confidently, “Yes, in a good way.”
7) DVDs can be dressed up or down. Add running shoes to wear them to a park. Add high heels for more formal occasions. Easily goes from a day to night look.
8) Excellent conversation starter, should you need one.
9) Moths can’t eat this outfit.
10) PETA won’t hassle you for wearing plastic.
Today’s outfit has its origins a few months ago, when I walked past my neighbor’s blue recycling can. The lid was open and I saw a stack of black DVDs inside. They weren’t movies. They were the rewritable DVDs people use for storing data. At least he was trying to recycle, I thought. But these DVDs silently screamed to me, “Make us over! Rescue us!” And you know I can’t ignore materials begging me to turn them into wearable art.
|There was a wardrobe malfunction when some of the DVDs fell from my necklace. This meant that I had to use them as an accessory until I could glue them back to the others. Upside: fun shadows.|
And so here I am today, wearing shiny silver discs and feeling like a walking, talking disco ball (in a good way, of course). Office supplies are a lot more exciting than you think.
But I draw the line at wearing staples…