Thursday, February 27, 2014

Look A Little Closer



Today we received a good dose of rain, which is rare around here. Once it stopped I decided to poke around outside and see how the plants did after their infrequent encounter with rain. The plants looked happily hydrated. It was fun for me to nose around outside, getting up close and personal with my plants. I looked for changes and new growth and studied flowers, face-to-face. What a delightful surprise to discover a white and orange volunteer lily about to open. The last photo shows the bejeweled hammock that was created when the rain settled on a spider's web. Things look different after a storm, and I didn’t want to miss any new transformations. Take a minute and look at the things around you a little more closely. You’ll be happy you stopped to notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment