Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Easter Cheer

Let’s talk Spring. It’s such a beautiful season, full of life and growth and change. Flowers are blooming. The backyard weeds native plants double in size each night. The days are warmer and longer.

Spring includes Easter, too. Not everybody celebrates it, of course. But I’ve been hanging colorful plastic eggs from the front tree. Any excuse to decorate!

My spirited neighbors decorated their pumpkins in a super cute Easter theme:

 
I know that some people don’t like Easter to be depicted through cartoony bunnies because they don’t want such a serious event to be hijacked by plastic eggs and the like. I get that, but I don’t think eggs and chickies take away from the big picture. If Easter means rebirth, then animals and eggs and happy colors can be part of all that. Furthermore, if cheerful ornamentation reminds people that Easter is coming, how can that be bad? If fun decorations make neighbors smile and feel happy, that’s a win-win.


This Sunday I will celebrate Easter for its deeper meaning, but you can bet I’m also excited about decorations and chocolate and plastic eggs. Happy Easter, y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment