Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Stuff--Eggs

This week I colored some eggs using the technique I discovered last year at this time: silk dying. Hubby gave me the thumbs up to cut up a silk neck tie he hasn’t worn in over a decade. I wrapped pieces of it around eggs, put them into boiling water and let the silk work its magic. The material was dark with orange flowers, and I was delighted with the results, which showed a lot of contrast.
 



Yesterday we had twelve kiddos bouncing around our back yard, hunting for eggs and squealing with excitement once they spotted them. Some of our neighbors don’t celebrate Easter but still brought their kids to participate in the hunt. I like that people from various backgrounds and different countries came together over the common theme of being happy watching their kids be happy. It was quite a multi-cultural event and I loved it. It makes me happy to do something that brings joy to the kiddos.

It’s a picture-perfect Easter Sunday here: sunshine, chirping birds, blooming flowers in bright shades. Everyone’s having a good day. I can’t say that this week’s fixation on eggs has helped me solve the dilemma about the chicken and the egg and which came first. But I’m not worried about that right now. We’ll get to that another day. Today, I’m simply content.



No comments:

Post a Comment