Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Happy Stuff--Icelandic Poppy

I usually do not have the pleasure of watching a flower open. I check out my home garden each day, but I’m not sitting in front of each plant for hours on end, waiting for the big reveal. If I had that kind of spare time, I’d bottle my secret and sell it online. But like everyone else, I have lots to do. My flowers bloom when I’m doing laundry or scrubbing Sharpie scribbles off the floor and I discover the changes after they happen. So it was an extra happy surprise to have a front row seat to the blooming of a beautiful red Icelandic poppy this morning.

The rectangular pot where the poppies live is near the front door, so I pass it a number of times each day. For the last month I could tell that the poppies were growing but I had no idea when they’d bloom. But this morning as I walked past them, I saw that something red was peeking out of its green hood. Exciting! And much to my delight, changes happened quickly and I was around to witness them:
 
7:45 a.m.

 8:30 a.m.

9:30 a.m.


Thanks for the show, Mama Nature. You’ve done it once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment