Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Blogging Break...Again

What is it with me?
 
I’m noticing a trend. When a project gets overwhelming or tedious, I tend to take a blogging break. Oh, I could say I’m just trying to entertain the masses with the stories from my wacky life. But maybe it’s more about avoiding certain tasks.
 
This particular task was sanding a window frame and scraping paint from the glass. The window in question is close to 60 years old. There is paint on the glass from the previous owners’ attempts at painting. I remember noticing this extra paint when we moved in ten years ago. And by “noticing” I mean that I attempted to get some off, then decided there were more pressing things I needed to do, and that I’d get back to the glass scraping later. And by “later” I mean ten years later. But I’m feeling even less inclined to deal with the extra paint now. So “later” is in fact going to be even later.
 
We did make a lot of progress over the weekend. Hubby laid down the Pergo, and it looks amazing. I helped a little but if you don’t already know how to do it, it makes more sense for one person to tackle the job. (And in my defense I did 99% of the prep, which took all week!) This morning I’m painting and installing baseboards. I think it looks great!
 
 


Later we will start moving stuff into the new office and we’ll be officially onto the second, bigger part of this project. I really want to get it done but it’s a fairly big project to empty the old office and turn it into a bedroom. Yikes. How did I get myself into this?
 
The bunk bed we’re going to put into the new bedroom has been in my already crammed art studio for exactly four weeks. But who’s counting? It’s in pieces, leaning against some stuff, and it stares at me every time I’m in there, admonishing me for letting it sit for four weeks, unused. I may have put the cart before the horse in buying it before the room was even close to ready. But I was excited! My enthusiasm led me to buy the bunk beds off of Craigslist a little on the early side. Oops. But when enthusiasm grows, there’s no stopping it! It will be a relief to get the bunk bed into its intended room, all the office stuff into its new home and the kids’ stuff into place.

Now, if you’ll excuse me I’ve stalled long enough. I must go deal with a window frame and paint touch-up. Who knows? Maybe I’ll be back later today, convinced I need another blogging break, sure that people are holding their breath, waiting for the latest detail in this saga. And it’s true, isn’t it? I’m sure you have absolutely nothing to do other than wait for my updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment